This list of museums in Pennsylvania encompasses museums defined for this context as institutions (including nonprofit organizations, government entities, and private businesses) that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing. Also included are university and non-profit art galleries. Museums that exist only in cyberspace (i.e., virtual museums) are not included.
To use the sortable table, click on the icons at the top of each column to sort that column in alphabetical order; click again for reverse alphabetical order.
Philadelphia Art Museum (4k) - They filmed Rocky here, wonder why... Philly from Above: https://youtu.be/F9GC6YQ4voQ Philly in Motion: https://youtu.be/MnfZeToSTL4 The Abandoned Tunnel Under Philadelphia: https://youtu.be/aBZ...
- American Civil War Wax Museum, Gettysburg, collections now at the Gettysburg Heritage Center
- American Museum of Veterinary Medicine, Birdsboro, closed in 2010, collections donated to the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine
- Americana Museum of Bird-in-Hand, Bird-in-Hand, closed in 206, small town America at the dawn of the 20th century, included a barber shop, woodworking shop, tea parlor, print shop, millinery, toy store, blacksmith shop, tobacco shop, apothecary, wheelwright shop, and a country general store
- Baker-Dungan Museum, Beaver
- Easton Museum of Pez Dispensers, Easton,
- George Westinghouse Museum, Wilmerding, closed in 2007, collection now part of the Heinz History Center
- Hall of Presidents Exhibit, Gettysburg, closed in 2016, contents auctioned
- Hazel Kibler Memorial Museum, Girard, operated by the West County Historical Association
- Heritage Center Museum, Lancaster, closed in 2011
- JEM Classic Car Museum, Andreas, collection sold in 2003
- Jewish Museum of Eastern Pennsylvania, Pottsville, closed in 2014
- Kready's Country Store Museum, Lititz,
- Lancaster County Quilts and Textile Museum, closed in 2011
- Marx Toy Museum, Erie, closed April 2008, now online only
- Mary Stolz Doll Museum, Bushkill, closed in 2005
- Mary Merritt Doll and Early Childhood Museum, Douglassville, closed in December 2005.
- Museum of Erie GE History, Erie
- National Philatelic Museum, Philadelphia, opened in 1948, closed in 1959
- Old Mauch Chunk Model Train Display, Jim Thorpe, closed in 2012
- Pennsylvania Fishing Museum at Pecks Pond, Dingmans Ferry
- People's Place Quilt Museum, Intercourse, closed in 2013
- Round Top Museum, Gettysburg, collections now part of the Gettysburg Heritage Center
- Soldiers National Museum, Gettysburg, closed in 2014 and contents auctioned
- Sones Farm & Home Museum, Muncy, closed in 2017
- Toy Robot Museum, Adamstown
- Windber Coal Heritage Center, Windber, operated by the Eureka Coal Heritage Foundation, closed in 2014
- Nature Centers in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- Western Pennsylvania Museum Council
- Pennsylvania Federation of Museums and Historical Organizations